Donate by bank transferNo fee 🙂
COMMUNITY & PARTICIPATIVE
GROCERY STORE IN LISBON
Rizoma Cooperative is a community and participative grocery store that is owned and operated by its members. The project is based on social, ecological and collaborative values and is a not-for-profit. It is an initiative that aims to combine quality, sustainability, affordable prices, collaboration and active citizenship.
Subscribe to our newsletter and keep up to date on the cooperative’s progress, how you can get involved and get tips and recipes about seasonal vegetables!
How does it work?
Anyone can join Rizoma as a member
1. By buying a capital share of the cooperative minimum fee of 15 €
2. By committing to work 3 hours on the project per month
Anyone can join Rizoma as a member:
in all decisions of the cooperative (types of products, functioning of the grocery store, carrying out activities, how to reinvest the profit, etc.)
the products they help to choose at a fair price
products, services and cultural events with Rizoma’s name and support
It is important for us to have an ecological focus, ensuring that our activities and purchases have more benefits than negative impacts on the planet.
Support us with a donation.
Your contributions will be used for the initial set-up of Mini Rizoma:
- Signage for the store
- Bins and scales for purchasing in bulk (less packaging!)
- Labelling tools and material for creating engaging labels that show price and information about each product
- IT software and hardware, such as POS and scanners
- Initial stock, focused on local and sustainable products
Once we’re on our feet, further funding will be used for:
- Hiring 3 part-time staff positions
- Refrigerators & freezers to expand our stock options
- Café equipment
- Furniture for community spaces
- and more to be detailed in the coming months
Community loans are also welcome. Contact us for more information!
Join us !
If you want to join the project, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or get in contact with us through our social networks.
© Illustrations saskiaselwood.com